The Apache Tomat Connector module (mod_jk) is not currently in included Centos or EPEL repositories.
To assist in the deployment and management of the Apache mod_jk module a RPM package will be created from the built source using FPM. If you havn’t stumbled upon or used FPM I highly recommend taking a look.
The basic overview of the process is as follows:
- Obtain/Download the lastest release source
- Verify you have the prerequisites installed for building the module
- Build the latest release
- Create FPM build root
- Create configuration file directory structure (httpd.conf)
- Create module directory structure
- Create mod_jk.conf configuration file
- Copy mod_jk.so into module directory structure
- Generate RPM package using FPM